A JOB THAT INSPIRES YOU
To strengthen our team in Finance and Controlling Department, we are looking for a Director of Finance & Controlling to start as soon as possible based at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main) or working remotely.
Are you looking for an international working environment and enjoy working in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies? Do you have a good sense for people and can convince others? If so, come join our team!
The Director of Finance & Controlling oversees our company’s financial planning, analysis and accounting operations. You will head a team, which is in charge of accounting, controlling, liquidity management, tax and finance, contracts. The F&C unit closely interacts with the six technical departments, sets standards and helps to build the capacity and know-how in financial topics throughout the company. The duties include establishing targets, developing budgets, performing financial analysis and managing liquidity. You should be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Technical and disciplinary management of the financial department.
- Preparing finance reports for the Executive Board and the CFO
- Financial analyses/controlling and preparation of forecasts and budget planning.
- Active and leading role in the further development of our planning and reporting structure.
- Analysis of company spending, revenue, and solving any problem areas.
- Oversight and management the liquidity in the company.
- Monthly and annual financial statements
- Contact person for tax consultants, auditors, banks and insurance companies.
A BACKGROUND THAT CONVINCES US
- Degree in business administration with a focus on controlling / finance and accounting (or comparable).
- 10 years of professional experience in accounting / controlling ideally in the sector of development cooperation.
- Sound knowledge of accounting, controlling, annual financial statements/analysis, HGB and KPI reporting.
- Profound PC skills, especially in MS-Office, WINPACCS and ERP (Maconomy).
- Business fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Having analytical skills and a structured and solution-oriented working style as well as an eye for detail.
- Being very committed and employee-oriented as well as task-oriented manager and convince with professional knowledge, engaging manner and hands-on mentality
AN ENVIRONMENT THAT MOTIVATES YOU
What we offer:
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible wherever we operate.
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg´s railway station, enabling quick and easy access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
- Fringe benefits: GOPA offers an RMV job ticket and job-bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio and day care for your children, to mention a few.
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements, including flexible working hours, mobile or telework.
READY FOR CHANGE?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application, including your possible commencement date and salary expectation.
As a leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implements projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. To ensure that the programmes we implement have a lasting impact in terms of economic growth, sustainability and poverty reduction, we target structural reforms and capacity building in six core sectors.
These six sectors represent our commitment to improve the social and economic situation of people through Education and Employment Promotion, Governance and Economic Development, Rural Development and Environment, Health and Social Development; and measuring the long-term impact of interventions through Statistics and Monitoring and Evaluation.
We are member of GOPA Consulting Group, which consists of 6 large consulting companies, with additional complementary branch organisations, whose expertise and location respond to specific market demands.
In 2021, we became a certified carbon-neutral company for 2020. We are further committed to avoiding and reducing our carbon footprint, as well as identifying new measures together with our staff members.
61348 Bad Homburg