Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-working team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
We’re looking for an outstanding german speaking Financial Accountant to join Andrew and Tania in our accounting team. You’ll get exposure to and be responsible for various parts of the accounting process. High attention to detail and understanding the numbers, such as prepayments and accruals, is key. You’ll also have the opportunity to make meaningful improvements to our accounting processes and will be able to see how the outcome of your work directly contributes to the financial statements.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible for various aspects in the accounting and financial processes, including the following:
- Accounts payable – working with our invoice approvals system, you’ll be booking invoices and transferring them to our accounting system (Datev Rechnungswesen). You’ll also be preparing payments to our suppliers in both Euros and foreign currencies.
- Accounts receivable – you’ll prepare invoices for our B2B customers, book them, and transfer them to our accounting system. You’ll also follow up on late payments from our customers.
- Banks – you’ll be booking the bank account data on a regular basis.
- Debit cards – you’ll be working with our debit card provider platform – booking invoices and payments, and transferring them to our accounting system.
- Monthly closing – we close the month rapidly and efficiently. You’ll be participating in this process in the context of the areas you are working on, including accruals and prepayments.
- Reporting – we prepare varying reports for both internal and external parties. You’ll be providing input and support as and when necessary.
- Audit – you’ll support the team in delivering requirements for the annual financial audit.
- Objectives and Key Results – you’ll provide input and be involved in the quarterly OKR processes
- Ad-hoc projects – you’ll help create and implement best practices and processes within the accounting team.
Why you will love it
- Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
- We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
- You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
- We love seeing people grow. That’s why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
You’ll be successful in this role if you
- Are proficient in both English and German
- Have an educational background focused on accounting
- Are ideally qualified as a Chartered Accountant/CPA or have an equivalent certification
- Know HGB and/or IFRS
- Have 1-3 years of work experience in accounting
- Have a clear understanding of accounting concepts such as prepayments, accruals, reconciliations and how accounts in a balance sheet or income statement are used
- Have experience with at least one accounting software package
- Have good MS Excel or Google Sheet skills
Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don’t sweat it – if you think you’re the right person anyway, we’d love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
- Core Communication time between 10 am – 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- We work on a project basis in cross-functional teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
- Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
- We connect in person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
- We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Drive on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
Dive a little deeper and learn…
- More about our team here: Meet the Team
- More about how we work here: How We Work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: FAQs
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have a rolling recruitment process – if this role is online, it means it’s still open.
For more infortmation ant to apply, go here: https://t.gohiring.com/h/cc30c9ee651296391a382c06e72b23eb20e46740a1291e978131de2fd3e202d0
Remote (UTC-1 to UTC+3)