9T Labs is a technology provider of part production equipment and software that allows industrial companies to manufacture lightweight, high-performance parts at high volumes in an easy and affordable way. We support and closely work with leading brands and fortune 500 companies to redefine the structures around us in, amongst others, the aerospace, medical, wearables, sports and leisure markets.
We were founded in 2018, and currently have offices in Zurich, Switzerland and Boston, USA. We are made up of a group of passionate professionals who believe that the next generation of manufacturing is digital, automated and sustainable. We believe in progress through planning, commitment, continuous learning and challenging the status quo. We are optimists, we work as a team and we know that the path to success is not a straight line.
Voted one of the top 10 Swiss startups since 2019, we are constantly developing our products and growing our brand and customer base to achieve our ambitious company goals. We are currently looking for a motivated, curious, autonomous and innovative Finance & Accounting Intern to contribute to key financial functions and support the overall operations of the organization.
Do you have a start-up mindset? Do you want to make a difference by helping make the world’s manufacturing dramatically more sustainable, efficient and high-performance? If you do, we’d love to hear from you!
What is the role
As a Finance & Accounting Intern at 9T Labs, you will play a crucial role in supporting the efficiency and effectiveness of our finance and business support team. This hands-on internship will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in various aspects of finance (e.g. Accounts Payable and Receivable, Bank Reconciliation, VAT declaration, Consolidated Financial Statements, Audits…) for our headquarters in Switzerland and our US legal entity. You will have an opportunity to contribute to our mission of revolutionizing composite manufacturing with continuous fiber technology. On our end, we will provide you with a comprehensive learning experience and an opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical work setting.
Your mission as a Finance & Accounting Intern is to support our Finance team in its various tasks.
After 1 month you will…
- Have familiarised yourself with 9T Labs‘ company structure, values, products and services, and goals.
- Have developed relevant contacts throughout the company.
- Have learned which finance tools, platforms and reports are used at 9T Labs (e.g. Odoo)
- Have started assisting in maintaining accurate financial records by entering data into accounting software, and by organising and maintaining financial documents and records.
- Have started assisting in processing invoices, receipts, and other financial transactions.
After 3 months you will…
- Work closely with the accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Contribute to financial analysis and reporting activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare relevant documents for financial audits.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant financial information.
- Conduct research on financial and administrative best practices.
After 6 months you will…
- Have gained a real-life experience of the different facets of the Accounting function in an organization.
- Have brought up innovative ideas and strategies to continuously improve financial efficiency and achieve greater impact.
What you need to bring to the role
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Enthusiasm for accounting and a strong desire to learn and grow in the field.
- Adept at using spreadsheet software for financial modeling, data analysis, and reporting. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Workspace (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Presentations) and other relevant financial software.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Flexibility, autonomy, team spirit and a good sense of humor.
- English – fluent (at least C1).
- German is a plus.
What leads to success
- A solid understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles. You can analyze data, identify trends, and draw meaningful conclusions.
- A meticulous attention to details. You know that accuracy is crucial in financial calculations, data entry, and reporting.
- A proactive and self-driven attitude, taking initiative in tackling new challenges, and showing a willingness to go above and beyond the assigned duties.
- A strong sense of responsibility. You take ownership of assigned tasks and projects, meeting deadlines, demonstrating a sense of accountability for the work you undertake, and working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to embrace change and to demonstrate flexibility in handling different tasks or projects.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively. You ask questions when clarification is needed and ensure clear understanding of instructions and expectations.
- Ethical behavior. You value integrity, adhere to ethical standards and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive financial information.
- Passion for technology and sustainability. You feel aligned with 9T Labs‘ values and vision of transforming composite manufacturing.
What we offer
- A place where everyone cares about making an impact.
- 20 paid holidays (per full calendar year).
- Paid-time-off surrounding personal life changing events.
- Flexible working time and work location.
- Events for exchange, learning, culture, sports and general fun.
We value equality of opportunity regardless of gender, age, race, nationality or any other type of non-professional classification. Also, if you don’t tick all the requirements and believe that you have what it takes to help us get to the next level and that we should meet, we strongly encourage you to apply and tell us more about what we should do together.
For more information and to apply, click here: https://t.gohiring.com/h/d7613ff52beda90aee72cffec737edb1c1b7ee359b16327927068b7a688ee481
8048 Zürich CH